San Diego Divorce Estate Planning
An effective estate plan considers the financial, tax, medical and business-planning issues surrounding your life. Our office will help you develop a customized strategy to address your estate planning needs.
What is a Trust?
A trust is a legal document that is similar to a contract. A trust “holds” your assets for you during your lifetime and after your death, if you so choose. A trust:
- Avoids the time, expense and hassle of probate
- Allows for the management of assets during times of incapacity
- Avoids conservatorships
- Preserves privacy and
- Potentially reduces taxation.
What are the Advantages of Planning for my Estate?
Develop a personalized plan that assures the proper distribution of your assets and the protection of your loved ones. The advantages of a trust include:
- Minimize tax consequences now and in the future
- Avoid the hassle, time and expense of probate
- Prepare for unforeseen healthcare issues, including incapacity
- Provide for flexibility in your ever-changing asset portfolio
- Ease the burden on your family during difficult times
Who Needs San Diego Divorce Estate Planning Services?
Everyone. After a divorce, it is especially important to create an estate plan if you do not already have one. The change in marital status, caused by divorce, effects beneficiary designations and titles to assets. Whatever the size of your estate, the management, and distribution of your assets is an important part of providing for loved ones. An attorney will meet with you to devise a plan to preserve your assets for your beneficiaries.
What Happens Without an Estate Plan?
California law provides for default rules that do not consider your personal desires and wishes in the event of your incapacity or passing. Preparation of a sound estate plan is paramount to avoiding these uniform rules.
Law Office of Dawn Dell’Acqua is committed to giving you up to date information regarding Mediation, Family Law, and San Diego Divorce Estate Planning . Give us a call for an initial consultation: (619) 325-4726.