Meet San Diego, California, Family Law Attorney Dawn M. Dell’Acqua
At The Law Office of Dawn M. Dell’Acqua, APC, we have spent years acquiring experience and specialized certification in the area of family law to better represent our clients as they work through their divorce or other family law struggle. Let us put that experience to work for you.
DAWN M. DELL’ACQUA is a graduate of California Western School of Law in San Diego. Ms. Dell’Acqua has been licensed to practice law in the State of California and with the United States District Court, Southern District of California since June of 1996. She is a Certified Specialist with the California State Board of Legal Specialization in Family Law. Between 1996-1999, Ms. Dell’Acqua worked as a lead attorney for the County of San Diego, District Attorney’s Office Bureau of Child Support Enforcement (now known as The Department of Child Support Services). Ms. Dell’Acqua worked with a Family Law Specialist in private practice between 1999 and 2002 when she opened her own law office.
Dawn M. Dell’Acqua serves as a court-appointed attorney for the Office of Assigned Counsel and a volunteer settlement conference judge. She is also a qualified Discovery Referee. Ms. Dell’Acqua is a panel attorney for the Teamsters Union (serviced through the Western Conference Services Legal Trust Fund) for estate planning needs. She is also an adjunct professor at Cuyamaca College.
Ms. Dell’Acqua has been the President and Board member of the San Diego Family Law Bar Association and has been a presenter at seminars on various Family Law topics. She recently authored proposed legislation, which with the support of Assemblywoman Shirley Weber, became AB2338. This legislation will amend sentencing guidelines for Family Law contempt cases to allow for the imposition of probation by judicial officers. As a volunteer in the community, she serves as the President and Board member of the Naval Academy Parent Club San Diego and the Administrative Advisor to Gamma Phi Beta Sorority at the University of San Diego. Ms. Dell’Acqua is married with two children, both serving in the United States Navy. In her free time, she enjoys books, travel, and football games.
Areas of Practice
- Divorce & Legal Separation
- Child & Spousal Support
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Marital Property Division
- Enforcement of Judgments
- Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements
- Trusts & Wills
- Durable Financial Powers of Attorney
- Healthcare Directives
- Family Law, California State Board of Legal Specialization, 2004
- Texas, 2019
- California, 1996
- S. District Court Southern District of California, 1996
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- D. – 1996
- California State University-Sacramento
- A. – 1991
- Major: Communication studies
- Minor: Journalism
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Diego Family Law Bar Association, former President and Board member
- RESOLVE Law San Diego, Volunteer
- Naval Academy Parent Club San Diego, President and Board member
- Administrative Advisor, Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, University of San Diego
Dawn M. Dell’Acqua
Location: San Diego, California
E-mail: E-mail Me