Certified Family Law Specialist San Diego (CFLS)
Why does the State Bar certify legal specialists?
Attorneys are given the title: “Certified” to help the general public identify attorneys who have demonstrated proficiency in specialized fields of law. This serves to encourage the maintenance and improvement of attorney competence in these areas of law.
What does it mean when an attorney is a “Certified Family Law Specialist”?
In California, there are many excellent lawyers and litigators; but when you hire a Certified Family Law Specialist, you are hiring an expert in divorce and family law. A Certified Family Law Specialist will have had years of experience and will have demonstrated a very high level of proficiency recognized and approved by their peers and judges in their area of work.
In addition, a California attorney who is a Certified Family Law Specialist as designated by the State Bar must have performed and passed these conditions:
What Can a Certified Family Law Specialist San Diego (CFLS) Do For You?
Because a Certified Family Law specialist has had years of experience in the field and has seen many family law cases, he/she is better able to fully comprehend the implications and intricacies specific to your case. A certified family law specialist will be able to represent your case better than lawyer who dabbles in multiple areas of the law. Duties may entail:
- Make certain that marital settlement agreements or pre- or post- nuptial agreements are properly prepared.
- Protect clients who need restraining orders for domestic violence.
- Help clients effectively deal with complex legal issues involving community property laws.
- Negotiate / mediate the difficult issues relating to legal separation, dissolution of marriage and child custody.
- Handle matters relating to modification of child custody, spousal support or child support.
- Identify tax issues which may affect the distribution of marital property and the payment of child, spousal or family support.
- Help clients navigate the divorce process.
We can help you through your divorce or separation. Call us (619-325-4726) during regular business hours for consultation or to learn more about the duties of a Certified Family Law Specialist San Diego, CA. You can also fill out the online form and send us email. You can also visit us at our Google+ page.